International Statistical Review (ISR)
The ISR is the flagship journal of the ISI and its family of Associations. It publishes papers of broad and general interest in statistics and probability. The types of papers that are suitable for publication include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Reviews/surveys of significant developments in theory, methodology, statistical computing and graphics, statistical education, and application areas.
- Tutorials on important topics.
- on emerging areas of research or application,
- describing new developments and/or challenges in relevant areas,
- addressing foundational issues,
- on the history of statistics and probability,
- on topics of importance to the profession or society.
- Historical assessment of seminal papers in the field and their impact.
- Interviews with statisticians who have made prominent contributions to applications, research, and to the development of the profession.
Copy and ideas
Papers must be of interest to a sufficiently broad spectrum of the members of the ISI and its Associations, who include researchers and practitioners in academia, government, business, and industry. Selected papers will be published with discussions and a rejoinder by the author(s).
Proposals for interviews should be sent to the co-editors-in-chief.
The journal consists of three issues per year, published in April, August and December.
Print ISSN: 0306-7734
Online ISSN: 1751-5823.
- Marianthi Markatou, University of Buffalo, USA
- Scott Holan, University of Missouri/US Census Bureau, USA
International Statistical Review Online
ISI members can get a subscription on our International Statistical Review (ISR) for free or against a reduced fee.
Members who have paid their subscription fee will receive an email with an ‘Offer code’. Therefore, it is important that you provide the ISI Permanent Office with an email address.
First, members must create an account for the Wiley Online Library, then they can activate their subscription with the offer code. This only has to be done once, after which they will be able to access the journal by logging in with the username and password they created when registering.