Selection Criteria for World Statistics Congress' Hosts.
Criteria to assist in selecting World Statistics Congress (WSC) future hosts
Affirmed by ISI Council in August, 2019
- Date: The WSC will be planned to take place during July or August;
- Official language: WSC’s are conducted in English. If translations are desired, these are arranged and funded by the host;
- Respect of the Community Principles and Conduct Policy of ISI and Associations.
ISI needs to ensure the WSC remains viable, by considering :
- Location: Geographical spread and try to choose places that have not hosted the
WSC for at least 20 years;
- Ease of entry into host country: Travel implications and visa requirements of the host
- Venue Size: Host cities must have conference venues large enough to hold a
conference for at least 2,500 persons;
- Financial Support: Funding and sponsorship opportunities;
- Local Support / human resources: Ability to provide/organize a dedicated and
committed local organizing committee