Objectives and Expected Products
The Committee is charged to improve and expand the role of statistics in risk analysis. The main focus of the committee will be on human health, welfare, and survival, but the committee will also pursue activities as indicated in risks to the environment and ecology, physical structures, agriculture, and other matters of concern. Specific interests include the identification of hazards, quantification of risks including susceptibility and risk modifiers, and assessment of exposures.
Toward this end, the Committee will undertake high priority to:
- Provide a forum, at organized sessions of ISI annual meetings and elsewhere, for statisticians and others to discuss common problems and interests related to the identification and quantification of risk.
- Stimulate and sponsor Cutting Edge Conferences on specific aspects of risk analysis that are of statistical interest.
- Promote the preparation of review papers on aspects of risk analysis for submission to and possible publication in the ISI Review and other scientific and technical publications.
- Work toward harmonization of terminology, concepts, and classifications in the study and presentation of statistical findings related to risk.
- Encourage the preparation and sharing of teaching materials related to statistical aspects of risk analysis.
- Improve and strengthen the role of risk analysis in the management of risks.
- Convey the fundamental concepts of risk analysis to the general public.
- Teresa P. C. A. Oliveira (Portugal)
- Zeinab Amin (Egypt)
- Helena Bacelar-Nicolau (Portugal)
- John C Bailar III (USA)
- A John Bailer (USA)
- David Banks (USA)
- Esben Budtz-Jorgensen (Denmark)
- Miguel de Carvalho (Chile)
- David Rios Insua (Spain)
- Byung-Soo Kim (South Korea)
- Ho Kim (South Korea)
- Christos P Kitsos (Greece)
- Maria Ivette Leal de Carvalho Gomes (Portugal)
- Victor Leiva (Chile)
- Roberval Lima (Brazil)
- Edward L Melnick (USA)
- Amitava Mukherjee (India)
- Tsuyoshi Nakamura (Japan)
- Amilcar Oliveira (Portugal)
- Mehmet Sahinoglu (USA)
Liaison with ISI PO
7th International Conference on Risk Analysis (ICRA) in honour of Professor Maria Ivette Gomes, 3 - 5 May 2017, Northeastern University of Illinois-Chicago, IL USA.